In 1882, William Moon commenced Southside Market by raising and slaughtering animals on FM 1704 in Elgin, TX. He transported the meat into town by horse-drawn wagon and sold it door-to-door. He had to sell it new or lose it to spoilage. Therefore, the Smoked Sausage and BBQ was established simply from having fresh meat and no freezer. In 1886, Moon inaugurated his first brick and mortar store on Central Ave. In 1908, he sold the business to Lee Wilson who continued to serve the Elgin community as the small town slaughter shop that sold BBQ in the back.
- Excellent job vacancy for receptionist at Quality Hotel & Conference Center, check the conditions and learn how to apply
- Check out the conditions of the job opportunity offered by Hôtel Quintessence to assist cleaning
- Great job opportunity for gas station attendant provided by North 60 Petro
On Sept. 1st. in 1968, Ernest W. Bracewell, Sr. and wife Adrene purchased Southside Market & BBQ. Ernest was born in Stockdale, TX and progressive from high school in Lytle, TX earlier marrying his high school sweetheart and helping in the Korean War as a U.S. Marine. Later, as a meat salesman for Armour & CoHe dubbed Southside as one of his consumers. After buying Southside, Bracewell delivered meats to area grocers, for example a then small H. E. Butt Grocery Co. He also provided Southside’s homemade Elgin Hot Sausage to the stores and the Elgin Hot Gut legend began to grow!
Southside Market, a large meat market chain, is offering a great grocery store clerk job opportunity for its team in Revelstoke, BC. Check out the conditions and benefits of the available job vacancy and learn how to register your resume.
- Produce department
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Stock shelves and display areas
- Operate cash register
- Acquire articles for customers from shelf or stockroom
- Support stock clean and in order
- Straight customers to location of articles sought
- Job vacancy available: Sandman Hotel Group is hiring room attendant for great opportunity, check it out
- Store operator job opportunity available through Real Canadian Superstore, learn more
- Bag, box or parcel purchases for customers, for shipment or distribution
- Maintain automated stock inventory
- Order stock
- Fill mail or electronic orders from repository stock
- Carry out general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
- Operate computer for electronic commercial transactions
- Provide customer service
- Record incoming stock
- Unpack products collected by store and count, weigh or sort items
- Carry customer’s purchases to stationing lot and pack orders in customers’ vehicles
- Medical Benefits
- Are you presently legally able to work in Canada?
Source: Indeed / South Side Market | Imagine: G1 Globo / Behance