About Shangri-la Hotels and Resorts:
Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has been constituted in luxury since 1971, with locations in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Oceania, and Africa.
Sister brands cover Traders Hotels, Kerry Hotels, and JEN Hotels. Further, the Shangri-La Group holds a diverse portfolio of commercial properties, residences, services, and clubs.
- Waitress job vacancies offered by Blomidon Inn, check conditions
- Great job opportunity available for cleaning assistant offered by Quality Hotel & Suites
- Job vacancy available for cashier. Nature’s Best Supermarket is hiring
CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, which describes a singular place of personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. This is a luxurious sanctuary where comprehensive treatments based on time-honoured methods shared by many Asian cultures bring total relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Shangri-La Vancouver is dedicated to fostering a workplace that both promotes and places heartfelt value on variety and inclusion. We are committed to maintaining a rich tapestry of talent from across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and life experience.
We thank all applicants for their time and concern in Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Create moments of joy that truly matter.
Exuding sleek finesse and full of Zen-like energy, Shangri-La Vancouver is your urban refuge nestled between the mountains and the sea and situated within the core of a vibrant metropolis. Occupying 15 floors of the tallest building in Vancouver, the hotel sits at the heart of the city’s most popular downtown areas. With a lustrous equilibrium of tranquil surroundings coupled with inspirational design, Shangri-La Vancouver hosts people to the colourful joys of life. Shangri-La Vancouver has been awarded the Forbes Five-Star designation and the AAA Five Diamond honour; one of only four hotels in Canada to hold both acclaimed ratings.
Wonderful by our Asian heritage, we obsess over the guest experience and seek to provide hospitality from the heart. Our Colleagues are our unique strength. We seek to hire and develop charismatic, committed, and passionate individuals to make their dream career a reality.
Join our world-class team as we pioneer new horizons.
Your Shangri-La awaits!
We are presently searching for a superstar room attendant to join our housekeeping team. This is a part time place, with the potential of working up to 40 hours per week. Our ideal candidate would have an eye for detail and a personal standard of perfection, in supplying a high cleaning standard that extends well beyond the fifth diamond. Our team of hardworking room attendants take great pride in ensuring our product shines, and exceeds our guests expectations of cleanliness and comfort. The ideal candidate would bring previous experience in the industry from another world class Hotel or resort, and fully understands quality standards of both room cleanliness and service of high quality. Our award winning team of consummate hospitality professionals take pride in their work and warmly and genuinely engage our guests and fellow colleagues, keeping our workplace productive, professional and fun!
With personal dedication and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, make the most favourable impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay by safeguarding overall cleanliness, detail and care of hotel areas and guest rooms, maximising the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean, arrange, restore and restock guest rooms or other areas of the hotel according to established standards
- Requires observance in the use of cleaning techniques and chemicals used for cleaning
- Restock and account for Minibar items in guest rooms during service
- Ensure guest room welcome amenities are supplied and replenished when needed as per established policy
- Account for stock items and supplies used, replenishing as required
- Organise, stock and maintain cleanliness of allocated floor storerooms as well as guest areas
- Report items which require maintenance for instant and proactive resolution
- Clean rooms following our constituted safety standards to ensure personal safety and security at all times.
- Report customer service issues or concerns to management in a prompt, proactive manner as suitable
- Partner with housemen, laundry attendant, housekeeping supervisors and management to ensure rooms are repaired in accordance with guest arrivals and queues.
- Stock housekeeping carts to ensure supplies for the shift are approachable and available for the day, taking care to not overstock the cart.
- Report guest room and equipment defects to management to ensure damage and defects are logged and remedied
- Job may entail standard cleaning of guest rooms, or drawing up rooms to turndown standards, dependent on shift
- Undertakes any other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
Position is physical in nature and requires regular lifting, deflection, reaching, stretching, squatting
Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capability is preferred
Demonstrated comprehension for luxury hotel standards of service
Preference for a candidate with unrestricted accessibility – up to 40 hours per week could be worked dependent on business levels.
Shangri-la vancouver colleague privileges
…we facilitate people to live, work, play, eat, and rest well through the environments we create and the memorable experiences we deliver! Our Colleagues have access to the subsequent:
- Cassandra Hotel announces great job vacancy available for receptionist in its team. Find out how to sign up
- Cashier job offered by Safeway, here’s how to apply
- Adventure to 100+ Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts with Colleague Travel perks
- Experience our renowned food & beverage with a special Colleague Discount
- Pamper yourself with discounted wellness journeys and luxury products from CHI the Spa
- Enjoy exclusive access to discounted theatre, cinema, and retailers through our partner programs!
- Indulge in specialty pricing on luxurious pillow top beds and linens through our partner programs.
- Connect your event leads or employee referrals to earn special rewards.
- Celebrate with your fellow Colleagues in team recognition events throughout the year.
- Pursue your ongoing development through courses and learning workshops as part of the Shangri-La Academy
Concerned candidates are fostered to apply at our email address. Due to the volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates we wish to follow up further.
Shangri-La Vancouver will only look at candidates who presently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit and valid Social Insurance Number. Shangri-La Vancouver is incapable of assisting international applicants in obtaining the legal right to work.
Source: Indeed | Image: JOBS AHLAM HOSPITALITY / Kornfeld LLP